Online craps may not be the most strategically-based game in the gambling world, but is still nevertheless one of the most popular.
The game itself is quite simple to play once you get the hang of it. It is a table game with two dice where the dice are thrown by the shooter. However which way the dice land will indicate whether the players at the table will win or lose according to what they bet. It all boils down to throwing a "pass" - this is a winning combination of the dice. Throwing a "miss" is not what you wish to do.
The table is divided into different betting areas where you and the other players will place the chips before the shooter throws the dice.
List of 10 Craps Online Casinos
|888 Sport||100% up to £100||Claim|
|Mansion Casino||100% up to £500||Claim|
|888 Casino on Net||100% up to £100||Claim|
|Betfred Casino||100% up to £200||Claim|
|Casino Plex||100% up to £1000||Claim|
|Leo Vegas Casino||200% up to £1450||Claim|
|Noble Casino||100% up to £100||Claim|
|Paddy Power Casino||£5 No Deposit||Claim|
|bet365 Casino||50% up to $1000||Claim|
|Bet365 Live Streaming||50% up to $1000||Claim|
The first move of the game is known as the "come out" throw. This is the first throw by the shooter. If the shooter throws a 7 or 11 it is called a "natural" and this is a winning throw.
If the shooter throws a 2, 3 or 12 then this is known as "craps" and is counted as a losing throw.
If any other totals (besides 7, 11, 2, 3 or 12) are thrown by the shooter on the first throw then this is known as the shooter's "point". This means that the player will continue to throw the dice until either a 7 or the "point" number is thrown. By throwing a 7, the shooter will lose. However, by throwing the "point" the shooter will win. This is known as "making the point" (for a win) and "seven out" for a loss.
The shooter will throw the dice until either a "natural", "craps" or "point" is thrown. The game will then start again with a new "come out" throw and a new shooter.
The Different Bets
The most common bet to place is on the "pass line". You can win on this bet if the shooter throws a 7, 11 or makes the point.
There is also the option of betting on the "don't pass line". This is in essence betting against the shooter, but it is all about whether you win or lose at the end of the day. There is one instance where this type of bet will tie and this occurs if the shooter throws a double 6. This allows you to either take your bet back or leave it for the next throw.
This may all seem quite daunting at first, but the more you play the easier it will become. This rule applies to any new game that you play. By understanding the basic rules of craps you will be able to catch on in no time. If you are still unsure then you can play for free online. This will give you the experience you need in order to play for real.
Craps Knowledge Base
Learn the ins and outs of Craps, from it's history to the rules of the game and most importantly, the best strategies to maximize your chance of winning when playing.
- History of Craps - Known the world over as one of the most popular dice games around, Craps has had a long and colorful history
- Craps Probabilities - Success at Craps requires a fundamental understanding of Craps probabilities.
- Craps Terminology - It is all fine and well to know the basic rules of craps, but if you are not familiar with the terminology of the game then you may find yourself feeling a bit lost
- Craps Rules - An overview of craps rules including the different people involved in the game. This is the first article in our Craps Rules series.
- Come and Dont Come Bets - An explanation of the Come and Don't Come Bets in Craps and the odds involved with these two bet types.
- Dont Pass Line Bet - An explanation of the Don't Pass Line Bet in Craps - ones of the less popular bet types in Craps.
- Odds Bets - Odds bets are extra bets that you can make in craps in addition to the more popular bet types.
- The Pass Line Bet - The pass line bet in craps is one of the most popular bets that you can make.